France Ministers. The Paris prosecutor’s office said an investigation was opened Sunday into possible charges of

[ France: Ministers accused of dining at secret restaurants ]
PARIS (AP) ‘ French authorities are investigating accusations that government ministers and others dined in secret restaurants in violation of pandemic restrictions.

Read More.

The Paris prosecutor’s office said an investigation was opened Sunday into possible charges of endangerment and undeclared labor, and to identify the organizers and participants of the alleged gatherings.

A documentary that aired on French network M6 over the weekend included an unidentified man saying that he had eaten in two or three clandestine restaurants ‘with a certain number of ministers.’

Government members quickly denied knowledge of such wrongdoing. Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin asked police to look into the claims.

The prosecutor’s office said Monday that the investigation is continuing despite reports that the man featured in the documentary had retracted his claim.


Publisher: San Francisco Chronicle
Date: 2021-04-05 12:08:14
Twitter: @sfchronicle
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Not to change the topic here:

France: Ministers accused of dining at secret restaurants

Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said on LCI television Sunday night that authorities have been investigating reports of clandestine parties and restaurants for months, and 200 suspects have been identified and face ‘heavy punishment.’

Publisher: abcnews.go.com
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

French chef reveals her ‘secret ingredients’ for five star success

In a business still dominated by men, French chef Helene Darroze is the first woman to take the leap from three to five Michelin stars in 2021. She insists that emotion plays a key role in her recipes, which have taken the restaurant world by storm.

Helene Darroze is the first woman to pick up two Michelin stars at once;’a third for her London restaurant at The Connaught hotel and a second for Marsan in Paris.’

This puts the 53 year-old’in a tiny club of just seven women worldwide who run a three-star kitchen.


Publisher: RFI
Date: 2021-02-15T17:28:55+00:00
Author: Author link
Twitter: @RFI_En
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Netflix viewers shocked by Dominique Strauss-Kahn documentary

Diallo, who worked at the Sofitel New York Hotel, claimed the married Frenchman Strauss-Kahn, known as DSK, forced himself on her on May 14 2011 while she was cleaning his room. However, the case was later dismissed on the recommendation of the DA’s office, who said she had not been truthful and questioned her credibility.’

Viewers of Room 2806 have been left shocked by events highlighted in the show, with one commenting: ‘How different her case would have been if it had happened during the #MeToo times.”

DSK, now 71, who resigned from his job at the IMF and had to abandon the race to become France’s president during the election of 2012, announced a separate documentary to ‘tell his version of events for the first time’ in a tweet last Tuesday.’

Publisher: Mail Online
Date: 2020-12-09T15:30:59+0000
Author: Claire Toureille
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Vienna attack: Austria admits failing to act on Slovak warning on gunman

Austria’s interior minister has admitted that a warning from Slovakia last summer about a gunman who went on the rampage in the centre of Vienna was not followed up.

Police in Slovakia revealed they had tipped off Austrian authorities about “suspects from Austria” trying to buy ammunition in July.

* * *

It has also emerged he was released early from a jail sentence last December for trying to join jihadists in Syria.

Slovak police said they had informed their Austrian colleagues immediately, adding they would not comment further.

Asked about the revelations on Wednesday, Austrian Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said the information had been investigated by the BVT domestic intelligence agency but no further action had been taken.

Publisher: BBC News
Author: Author link
Twitter: @BBCWorld
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

France to expel delivery man refusing Kosher orders

A court in eastern France convicted a delivery driver of anti-Semitic discrimination an Thursday for refusing to take orders for kosher food, and Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said the Algerian man would be deported after he completes his prison sentence.

The conviction in the city of Strasbourg came two days after a regional Jewish institution, the Israelite Consistory of the Bas-Rhin region, said two kosher restaurants had reported that drivers working for Deliveroo refused to handle their food because they didn’t want to deliver to Jews.

The group and restaurants filed a legal complaint, the consistory said Tuesday, denouncing what it called ‘openly anti-Semitic discrimination.’ Only one deliverer was ultimately involved in the court action.

logo
Publisher: Republic World
Date: 46255256F7B435C502CFADCCBD97D1C9
Author: Republic World
Twitter: @republic
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Happening on Twitter

Video