Xiaomi: Those blocked imported phones from banned markets are now working again


Xiaomi says those previously blocked phones are now unblocked and were originally suspected of being smuggled into the grey market.

Read More.

Late last week, reports came in that a number of Xiaomi phones that had been imported into certain markets were no longer working. Those phones were located in markets where the company has no official presence. Now, according to Global Times, a Xiaomi spokesperson said those phones should be working once again.

The phones were remotely locked by Xiaomi in markets like Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, and the Crimea region. Those markets are not allowed to sell Xiaomi phones. However, some people purchase Xiaomi handsets in legal markets and bring them to the banned countries to use.

Publisher: www.androidauthority.com
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

While you’re here, how about this:

Dear President Biden: Let Chinese phones compete fairly in the US

A lot of the smartphone industry’s focus, at least here in the US, is spent on Apple and Samsung products, which fight for every smartphone buyer’s attention. Outside of the US, however, there are many competitors.

Many phones are already made in China, and they are distributed here, such as Apple’s iPhones and Motorola phones, a brand owned by Lenovo. But what we are talking about here are Chinese brands of phones that have not seen wide distribution in the US. Brands like Oppo, Huawei, and Xiaomi push the limits of what a smartphone can do.’

With China-US trade relations still tense, efforts to cut out Chinese vendors such as Huawei from 5G implementations may create separate ecosystems and consumers could lose out on benefits from the wide adoption of global standards, as demonstrated with 4G.

Publisher: www.zdnet.com
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Xiaomi responds to being blacklisted by the US government

This story was originally published 2021/01/14 1:43pm PSTon Jan 14, 2021 and last updated 2021/01/15 4:00am PSTon Jan 15, 2021.’

* * *

The Trump administration is dubbing Xiaomi a national security threat in a fashion similar to how it did Huawei and ZTE. However, the “Communist Chinese military company” label has a greater effect to this particular tech manufacturer than the others.

Publisher: Android Police
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Users can now transfer WhatsApp backup chats from iPhone to Samsung phone

BNP Paribas’ take on possible ways to rescue Vi comes days after Aditya Birla Group chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla met telecom minister Ashwini Vaishnav in the backdrop of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and finance ministry putting together a relief package for the debt-laden telecom sector.

In July this year, the state-run telco issued a letter of intent to five eligible bidders mandated to use Indian core technology while deploying next generation networks. These include L&T, Tech Mahindra, TCS and HFCL.

Publisher: ETTelecom.com
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 07:39:00 +0530
Author: www ETTelecom com
Twitter: @http://twitter.com/Ettelecom
Reference: Visit Source (Read Article)

Video